- 2 slices of rye bread
- 2-3 oz of steak, sliced & cooked to your liking
- 3 oz of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/4 bell pepper (any colour), sliced
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms
- 1.5 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- 2 tsp of Montreal Steak Spice
- Ground black pepper and Sea salt to taste
- Tin foil
- Pre-heat the grill – medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet. Blend in the dry mustard, then sautee the onions, peppers, and mushrooms in the skillet until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, throw down the slices of steak and sprinkle with the Montreal Steak Spice, evenly on each side. Toss the steak for approx. one minute (or until cooked to your liking). Remove from heat.
- Use the remaining butter to butter one side of each slice of rye. You don’t need much. Place the rye, buttered sides down, on a 10 x 10 inch (approx) sheet of tinfoil. Layer the sandwich with the steak first, the mozzarella cheese, and the vegetables. Close the sandwich and tightly wrap it in tinfoil. Place on grill, and grill 2-3 mins. per side.