- 18 whole mushrooms (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for sauteing
- 2 cloves garlic pressed, using garlic press
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 350.
- To prepare the filling, start by heating 1 tablespoon oil over medium and adding garlic and about 1/4 of the stems chopped up. Stir and heat until most of the moisture is gone and then add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until mixed smooth.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a nice heaping spoonful of the filling and place on a cookie sheet. When they are all filled, place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- The filling in this recipe is enough for 18 medium-sized mushrooms. If you have smaller mushrooms, you could make up to 24 with the filling easily. Enjoy!