The chicken and avocado
Fiery skillet barbecued chicken and avocado tacos finished with a velvety cilantro lime sauce. These scrumptious tacos are overflowing with flavor and are made in less than 30 minutes!
Take tacos to an unheard of level with the expansion of avocado and my most loved cilantro cream sauce. In the event that you’ve had my mainstream shrimp tacos, at that point you’re going to cherish this chicken form.
The chicken is prepared with taco flavoring and garlic. You can utilize it directly subsequent to flavoring it or marinate it in the ice chest for as long as 48 hours. When you’re prepared to cook the chicken, essentially cook it on the stove-top in a couple of teaspoons of oil. What’s more, in light of the fact that the chicken is cut into little chomp measure pieces, it will assimilate all the flavor and chicken will cook in less than 15 minutes!
For the Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic crushed or minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- squeeze of lime optional
- cilantro lime sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt or Mayo
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6-8 small tortillas corn or flour
To Make Chicken
- Chop 2-3 medium chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, chili, cumin, onion powder, and salt. Add in chicken and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- To cook: Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 1 minute. Add the olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until charred and cooked through, 8-12 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
Add the sour cream, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt & pepper to blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until creamy.
Char tortillas on stove-top if desired. Add some of the chicken to the warmed tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro sauce.