Copycat Nothing Bundt Red Velvet Cake is a red velvet cake with chocolate chips and a cream cheese frosting that tastes like the popular Nothing Bundt cake.
For the cake
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix*
- 3/4 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*Note – If you can’t find a red velvet mix use a white cake mix, plus 3 tablespoons cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a Bundt pan. (I use Crisco and lots of it.) Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix on low with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined, then turn up the speed to medium and beat for two minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the frosting, add the butter and cream cheese to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low and gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Once combined, turn the mixer up to medium and beat for another two minutes. Pour frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a standard plastic coupler (I used Ateco brand). Pipe onto cooled cake. Serve immediately. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.