When it comes to easy recipes this Bread Pudding couldn’t get any simpler. Filled with cinnamon and nutmeg this makes the perfect breakfast or dessert recipe.
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut bread into 1″-2″ squares and add to large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together your milk, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Pour over bread and stir gently to coat, let soak for about 20 minutes.
- Spread into baking dish and bake in oven for about 50-60 minutes until center is set.
- In saucepan whisk together sugar, flour and heavy cream until combined.
- Add in your butter and heat on medium until butter melts and liquid starts to boil.
- Whisk until thickened slightly then remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
adapted from tornadoughalli